One of my most loved trends this season is metallic. I always associated it with parties, dress-up or themed parties. However there are a few pieces out there, which can be incorporated into everyday, wear without seeming too loud or obnoxious (here is to hoping I am not that!!). You can always stick to metallic accessories and jewelry but most of you have that pat down so we shall stick to clothing!
This blog post features two metallic items, which I styled in my attempt at keeping it casual. My whole wardrobe is from Zara and they are perfect for keeping items simple with a little pazazzz!
The metallic look is perfect for the spring and summer, enough to let everyone know you put a little effort into your outfit without awkwardly tottering on high heels.
Here are a few tips on how to wear metallics causally:
- Let one or two items do the talking (even though I am wearing two pieces, the shoes are a little louder than the top)
- Avoid extremely sparkly items (you aren’t going to a disco – cough cough – excuse my shoes J )
- Do not pair metallic clothing with loud jewelry – you look like you are from a costume shop
- Tone it down with simple non-demanding outfits such as white, black or denim items
- Rock that Metallica!! (Confidence is Key!!)
Photography Credit: Sirkka Lopes